Your Task: Select a historical picture from your textbook or the Internet. Answer the following questions in complete sentences on your own sheet of paper.
1. What is the title of the image? If it doesn't have a title, what title would you give it?
2. What exactly do you see in the painting / photograph?
3. Study the people and/or objects in the image one by one. What similarities and differences do you see?
4. How are the people dressed?
5. What are they doing?
6. Imagine you are in the picture. What might you hear or smell?
7. What is unique about this image that the artist / photographer wanted to capture?
8. What happened right before this image?
9. What is about to happen after this image?
10. What information does this picture give you about the culture or civilization it represents?